While almost all real estate photography can be virtually staged, there are some tips and techniques that can produce the highest quality virtual staging results. Here are some tips for taking good photos of a real estate listing that will be virtually staged:
1. Clean and declutter the space: Make sure the space is clean and tidy, with minimal clutter or personal items visible. This will help the virtual staging look more realistic and make the space more appealing to potential buyers.
2. Use a wide-angle lens: A wide-angle lens will allow you to capture more of the room in a single photo, which is especially important in smaller spaces. This will give potential buyers a better sense of the layout and flow of the space.
3. Use natural light: Whenever possible, use natural light to illuminate the space. This will help the photos look more realistic and will also make the space feel brighter and more welcoming.
4. Experiment with different angles: Try taking photos from different angles and heights to add visual interest and give potential buyers a better sense of the layout and flow of the space. Heights between 4 1/2 feet and 5 1/2 feet work best.
5. Edit the photos: Use photo editing software to adjust the lighting, contrast, and color of the photos to make them look their best. This will help the virtual staging look more realistic and will also make the space more appealing to potential buyers.